Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Exercising with Kettlebells

This post comes from sort of an odd place. I was recently reading an article on a variety of weightlifting that originated in Russia and is incredibly simple and beneficial for an overall body workout. Near the end of the article, the founder of a website devoted to this style (he's also a trained instructor), relates a quote the he feels lends well to his ideas.

Would you give up the old you for the possibility for a better you?

I started to think about a lot of people that I know that have become set in their ways and really no longer try to make themselves into an even better person. More often we need to sit down and take inventory of our lives. What would it take for you to make your life significantly better? I would argue that in most cases the changes needed are simple and painless. Sometimes the changes require some bending and stretching, such as in my wanting to get a PhD so that I can do what I want and teach (not always painless). Not simple, but nowhere near the impossibility most deem it. Really, is the old you worth hanging onto if you know what you could become?
The next time you have a free moment...and don't tell me that you don't because it is a vicious lie...take some time to contemplate what you want in your life and what you can do to make it happen. What would it take?

No comments: